Revisional bariatric surgery requires a high degree of technical skill and understanding in metabolic surgery.
While most bariatric procedures have good long term results, there are a few isolated cases where revisional surgery is needed to relieve any difficulties. This can include:
- Vomiting, reflux or heartburn
- Unable to eat normally
- Inadequate weight loss or weight regain
- Food intolerance
- Device failure such as leaking
In relation to gastric bypass there may also be:
- Abdominal pain from internal herniation
Suitability for revisional bariatric surgery is very dependent on individual circumstances. Revisional bariatric surgery requires a high degree of technical skill and understanding in metabolic surgery, not all bariatric surgeons are trained to perform this type of surgery.
Our experience in revisional surgery ensures that:
- revisional surgery is only performed if it is safe to do so, and
- the procedure is performed with the highest level of expertise.
If you have had any of the above symptoms, please let us know and we will arrange a consultation to discuss the options available for revisional surgery.